Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Twelve Days of Finals

OK. I know this post has nothing to do with food or with my Flint culture and food theme, but it's too fun not to share. I dedicate this little song to all of my comrades in education as we enter the home stretch of the half way mark in the school year. Enjoy! Happy holidays, and good luck with finals week!


THE TWELVE DAYS O F FINALS
By Bob Barnett

On the first day of finals my students gave to me: a case of plagiarism.
On the second day of finals my students gave to me: 2 no shows.
On the third day of finals my students gave to me: 3 late arrivals.
On the fourth day of finals my students gave to me: 4 cell phones ringing.
On the fifth day of finals my students gave to me: 5 dead grandmas.
On the sixth day of finals my students gave to me: 6 crashed computers.
On the seventh day of finals my students gave to me: 7 misused sources.
On the eighth day of finals my students gave to me: 8 wrong citations.
On the ninth day of finals my students gave to me: 9 sentence fragments.
On the tenth day of finals my students gave to me: 10 comma splices.
On the eleventh day of finals my students gave to me: 11 bad excuses.
On the twelfth day of finals my students gave to me: 12 failing grades.

2 comments:

  1. There couldn't be 7 misused sources, as that implies using sources in the first place. Perhaps 7 "that's my opinions".??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of existential load of crepe argument is that? Pluswhich, you have 5 syllables in yours when clearly the song requires 4 syllables for the 7th day. Sheeeeesh!

    ReplyDelete